Do you have a hard time securing your child in the back seat of your car for long trips? This is a leading cause of in-car injuries among kids, which you should address immediately. Having a grown-up sit with your car in the back is a good solution. Unfortunately, it is not practical. Buying a travel car seat is the best remedy for many reasons. First, their secure designs consist of harnesses that restrict the movements of children. Moreover, most models are versatile. Their snap-on buckles are easy to use. They also fit and work in SUVs, Sedans, and most other cars. The best brands to get.
The Best Selling Products
- COMPACT BOOSTER SEAT – the world’s most compact, backless booster. Designed for kids, aged 4 and up, 40 to 100 lbs, and 40 to 57 inches tall, mifold is more than 10x smaller than a traditional booster, and just as safe.
- PORTABLE BOOSTER SEAT IDEAL FOR TRAVEL – mifold foldable booster fits into a child’s backpack, glove box or parent’s handbag, making it perfect for carpooling, as a travel booster, for ride sharing and much more.
- KEEPS CHILD SECURE – mifold ensures optimal seatbelt fit. Instead of lifting the child up, the grab-and-go car seat adjusts the adult seatbelt by pulling it down to fit the child safely and securely.
- SAFETY TESTED – This kids booster seat meets or exceeds NHTSA standard FMVSS 213 in the USA.(THIS PRODUCT IS ONLY FOR USE IN THE USA and is not the International version, regulated under ECE R44/04)
- CONVENIENT– This travel car seat is easy to use and has won many awards, including a Mom’s Choice and Parents’ Picks Awards. It’s a great choice for older kids, grandparents or for fitting three children in a row.
- ANYWHERE YOU GO: The Pico travel car seat can be used every day, every way—on a plane or in the carpool lane. Whether you’re ridesharing or road tripping, Pico’s got you and your little ones covered. With Pico's slim design, you can fit 3 across in most vehicles.
- DESIGNED FOR SAFETY: Pico meets all U.S. safety standards regulated by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the Federal Aviation Administration, so it’s ready for the road or the air.
- LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN: Weighing just 8 pounds, Pico makes it easy to travel light. Our AeroWing aerospace-grade aluminum frame offers lightweight strength, and the AstroKnit performance wool/polyester mesh fabric cover keeps kids cool and comfortable.
- FOLD & GO: Compact and foldable, the Pico is easy to carry or stow, and fits in the overhead bin.
- TRAVEL BAG INCLUDED: The Pico travel bag can be carried as a backpack or slips on the handle of rolling luggage and is made with super-durable, bluesign certified recycled polyester.
8. Doona Infant Seat & Latch Base
During your long outdoor trips, the safety of your child should be your number one priority. To protect your boy or girl from bouncing around whenever you slam on the brakes, buy a secure car seat. Doona, for instance, is a two-in-one model that transforms into a stroller. Depending on its setup, this accessory supports 4 to 35 lbs. If your child can sit on his or her own, therefore, this item will secure him or her well. Its jet-black theme is eye-catching, while the five-point harness it comes with is non-irritant. Set up well, it does not irritate the shoulders and abdomen of kids. Side impact protection is good, while its adjustable handlebar prevents rebound during emergency braking. Doona is light (16.5 Ibs) and has a universal latch system that fits all cars.
- Lightweight (10.3 pounds)
- Sturdy base and seat
- FAA Aircraft Approved
- Adjustable handlebar
- Breathable textiles
- Five-point harness
- Supports 4-35 pounds
- Best Cantilever Umbrella Reviews
- Street Legal Electric Scooter Reviews
- Most Comfortable Bra Reviews
- Best Long Range Outdoor TV Antenna Reviews
7. Cosco Finale DX
Combination booster seats save people money over the years. With Cosco Finale DX, for instance, you will not worry about your child’s safety as he/she grows. In forward-facing mode, it supports 30-65 pounds. Transformed to a belt-positioning booster, on the other hand, its capacity increases to 100 pounds. You do not have to swap it with a larger one as your child grows from a toddler to a big kid. Its safety rating is also impeccable. Its built-in harness (five-point), for instance, secures kid in the seat. Moreover, designed to exceed the recommended JPMA, federal, and ASTM ratings for safety, it secures kids well during crushes. Both front and side impact protection is good. Cup holders are dishwasher safe. The kid-safe materials used to make its base and seat are non-irritant. Parents love this.
- Combination booster (2-in-1)
- Dishwasher safe cup holder
- Supports 30-100 pounds
- Comfortable five-point harness
- Safety-certified design/materials
6. Graco Tranzitions
Graco is one of the most recognized manufacturers of travel car seats in the US. The fact that its products improve both the safety and comfort of kids has made it sought-after. This Tranzitions 3-in-1 car seat, for instance, is popular with parents. You will like its solid structure. In harness booster mode, it can support up to 65 pounds. Set up as a high back booster or a backless booster, it accommodates kids weighing up to 100 pounds. For optimal safety, however, make sure you adjust its five-point harness to match the height of your child. Graco Tranzitions has passed side impact testing in the US. Apart from restraining kids in cars, it also protects them from injuries during accidents. It also has dual cup holders and wipe-clean materials that you can clean easily when dirty. Graco makes traveling fun.
- Side impact protection
- Adjustable 5-point harness
- Three-in-one booster seat
- Dual cup holders
- Wipe clean metal and plastic
5. Munchkin Brica GoBoost
Munchkin Brica GoBoost is a unique car seat. Even though it is not as protective as some brands we have reviewed, it is a comfortable item. Recommended for toddlers, it folds neatly for easy transportation. When not in use, it will take up little space in your car’s trunk. Both its seat and back has traction pads for stability. Set up on a bench on a park, the risk of your kid sliding off it and falling down is low. Finally, although ultra-portable, this is a durable product. Its sturdy internal frame rarely collapses under a load. Its buckle straps are durable, while the large storage space in its base is convenient. You can store towels, clothes, and toys in it for easier transport.
- Traction pads (Xtra-Grip)
- Folds neatly for storage
- Vast storage space
- Wipe to clean surfaces
- Stable internal frame
4. Cosco Apt 50
Do you have a toddler or kid who weighs between five and 50 pounds? Do you want an adaptable car seat that can grow with him or her over the years? Here are a few attributes that have made Cosco Apt 50 the go-to product. First, this latch-equipped car seat has two operation modes. In rear-facing mode, it maximizes the safety of kids in vehicles. However, if you like to see or interact with your kid as you drive, it also works well facing forward. In both modes, kids have optimal side impact protection. Its built-in system responds well in the event of an accident. You also get a machine-washable seat pad (removable) and a five-point harness that you can adjust to six heights. This secures children well without bruising and or irritating them.
- Removable seat pad
- Rear and forward facing modes
- Snap-in latch buckles
- Five-point harness (six heights)
- Supports up to 50 pounds
3. Graco Highback Turbobooster
Featuring a soothing green and black theme, Graco Turbobooster blends well with the seats of most vehicles. It is also of a decent a size (16.5 inches wide) for most types of vehicles. In sedans, for instance, you can use it to secure big kids (30-100 pounds) without cluttering space. Moreover, comfort is one of its major hallmarks. Its multi-layered headrest cradles the head of kids comfortable. As such, you can drive in peace even when your child is sleeping in this seat. It also has a comfortable seat and padded armrests for additional support. When dirty, both are easy to clean using a damp cloth. This is a predominantly forward-facing car seat. However, as your kid grows, you can convert it to a backless booster seat that offers equally good results.
- Transforms into a booster (backless)
- Padded seat, back, and armrests
- Can support 30-100 pounds
- Multi-layered headrest
- Space-saving (16.5 inches)
2. Evenflo Tribute LX
During accidents, epidemiological data indicate that kids in car seats have a lower risk of injuries than those without. Reputable companies such as Evenflo have come up with products that lower the risk even further. The Tribute LX, for instance, exceeds the crash test standard (Federal) for structural integrity by two times. In the event of an accident, therefore, your kid will be two times safer in this seat than in many similar brands. Its adjustable harness fits comfortably, while the integrated body cushion in its seat maximizes comfort. Because it lacks irritant pressure points, kids can spend hours in it during long trips without developing back and neck injuries.
- Adjustable harness
- Padded seat with side bolsters
- Removable head pillow
- Efficient buckle release system
- Exceeds crush test standards
1. Graco Extend2Fit
Graco Extend2Fit is a convertible (forward and rear facing) infant car seat with many safety features. Rear facing, for instance, this seat will secure your 22-65 pound kid comfortably. In this position, you can even adjust its extension panel (4 positions) to increase legroom by 5-inches. This way, even tall kids can sit in it for long without getting tired. Its capacity is slightly lower in rear-facing mode (5-50 pounds). However, because you can adjust it recline (six positions) and its headrest (10 positions) in this mode, it is very comfortable. Secured with its built-in harness (adjustable) kids can ride in it for hours without issues. This is a crush-tested and approved infant seat.
- Rigorous crush testing
- Forward and rear-facing modes
- Supports 5-65 pounds
- Adjustable harness
- Extension panel (four positions)
- Adjustable headrest (10 positions)